Monday, December 16, 2013

Sweet sorrow

It is with a great deal of mixed emotions that we departed the village of Madridejos. We were so warmly received by those wonderful people during our short time there. Those who worked side by side with us became friends. 





It was difficult to say goodbye to the friends we made, and especially hard to depart knowing so many are still in such great need. 







May I express once again my gratitude to those who contributed to this effort and to our families who sacrificed to send us here to the Philippines. We were able to provide a measure of hope and love for people who have experienced great tragedy. I don't know that we can quantify the number of lives we touched, but I know six men who are forever changed. 


1 comment:

  1. You and your group saw a need and jumped to help. You have blessed the lives of so many. I'm sure you are all exhausted. Thank you for sharing your stories and pictures with us. Can't wait to hear more. I hope you have an uneventful trip home.

    ReplyDelete